RETURN TO PLAY – REQUIREMENTS
According to the Department of Health, all athletes, parents/guardians must sign the COVID-19 Code of Conduct prior to participating in sports activities. The Code of Conduct can be found HERE. The DOH says the safety of coaches and athletes must be the priority. If there are outbreaks, activities will be halted until conditions improve.
House Rules – General
Due to COVID-19 situation. We may have to tweak some rules temporary to meet the CDC and Current State Guidelines.
- We must implement all current CDC and State of New Mexico Rules due to COVID-19. Stay tuned for Return to Play Information.
- REQUIRED TEMPERATURE CHECKS WILL BE CONDUCTED USING A NO-TOUCH INFRARED THERMOMETER PRIOR TO ENTRY. Please allow extra time for temperature checks upon arrival. Anyone who has a temperature of 100 or above will not be allowed in the gym for that day.
- Face coverings will need to be worn at all times except while eating, drinking and playing on the court.
- Players must wash their hands thoroughly before and after their game. Also during break times.
- Wash and Sanitize each equipment. (Shoes, Shin guard, clothing, futsal ball) after every game
- Players must practice social distancing. 6 feet apart.
- No high 5’s, handshakes, knuckles or group celebrations.
- All coaches are responsible for the supervision of their players, parents and fans
- At first State may not allow fans at the games. If that becomes the case, we will stream all games live on our Social Media.
- Parents are responsible for their kids.
- For the safety of all kid’s. No kid should ever be left unattended. Kids must be accompanied by adult at all times. Parent will receive one warning. 2nd warning, the parent and child would be asked to leave.
- For the safety of our fans, please remain seated during the games.
- No pets allowed.
- All players, fans and coaches must clean after themselves. All trash must be properly disposed in the trash cans. The facility must be left clean.
- Only players and coaches are allowed on the court.
- Everyone off the court at halftimes.
- Futsal Balls are to be carried into the gym. No kicking the futsal ball around until it is your turn to be on the futsal court.
- Unless the upstairs area is open, no one is to go upstairs.
- Please no kicking futsal balls off the wall.
- For everyone’s safety. Sidelines must remain clear at all times.
- No outside food or drinks allowed in facility.
- No food, gum or drinks on the court.
- Parents cheer, Coaches coach and players play.
House Rules – Game Rules
- Length of games: 24 minute halves. Accept 2008 and younger, 20 minute halves. We do not stop the clock at ABQ Futsal except 60 second time outs.
- Halftime: 3 minute halftime.
- Benches: No swapping benches between halves.
- If the Ball goes over the balcony, it is a direct kick (Penalty Kick) for the other team.
- If the ball goes higher than the Nike Banner on the west wall, it is a direct Penalty kick for the other team.
- House Rule. No slide tackling period!
- Please show respect for each other. No trash talking. First time, you will be issued a yellow card. Second time will result a red card.
- For the safety of all players, players are not allowed to wear jewelry during the matches.
- To assure all games start at the scheduled time, each team must vacate the court, as soon as your match has completed and each team, completes their handshake to the opposing team.
- At Halftime all players, coaches and personnel, please vacate the gym floor as our staff member will be sweeping the gym floor.
- If a coach or player receives a red card. The coach/player will be escorted out of the facility. He or she will be banned for one game.
- Forfeited Games: If a team fails to show for a scheduled match, the referee shall allow a 5 minute grace period. After the 5 minutes, if the team has not yet arrived or does not have enough players to field a team (4), the game will be forfeited. The game will be tallied as a 3 to 0 loss for the forfeiting team and a 3 to 0 win for their opponent. Additionally there is a $25 penalty charge for teams that are a no show or a team does not notify ABQ Futsal they are unable to play within 48 hours. Must be paid before they can play the next game.
- Process fee for rescheduling any games is $100.00.
- Proper conduct is required. Any unprofessional behavior including verbal will not be tolerated. First time is a yellow card. 2nd offense is a red card, player will be sent off and will be suspended for the next game.
- Effective immediately. No schedule changes once the schedule is published.
SPECIAL NOTE: FIFA HAS IMPLEMENTED SOME NEW RULES.
- Shin Guards: All players must wear shin guards
- Game Balls: We have the game balls. You can bring your own Futsal Ball. Must be in good condition. Size 4 for 10 and over. Under 10, you can use size 3.
- Equipment: Indoor, clean flat soled soccer shoes also must be worn. No black soles.
- Time Outs / Home Team Colors: Each team can call one 60 second time out per half
- Uniforms: Home team is to wear white or lighter colors. If Home team complies and there is a conflict, the visiting team must change jerseys. If home team does not wear light/white and there is a conflict, home team must change jerseys. Visiting teams centers off first.
- Kickoffs: Kick Off Procedure: All players, except the player taking the kick off, must be in their own half of the pitch. The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moved. A goal may be scored directly against the opponent from kick off:; if the ball directly enters the kicker’s goal, a corner kick is awarded. This means the ball can be now played backwards directly from a kick-off
- Goal Clearances: A Goal Clearance can now be played to a teammate within the penalty area. Opponents must be outside of the penalty during goal clearance until the ball has been distributed.
- Corner Kicks: are direct. The ball must be placed directly on the corner spot and the kick must be taken within 4 seconds.
- Penalty Kicks: are taken from the penalty spot and must be shot at goal by a clearly identified kicker. Defenders may not be nearer to the ball than 16 feet and must be behind an imaginary line running from touchline to touchline even with the penalty spot.
- Kickins: The ball must be placed on the line and the kick must be taken within 4 seconds. Kick-Ins must be stationary with the ball touching the line. The player taking the kick-in is no longer required to have a plant foot on or behind the line.
- Distance: For all of the above, except goal clearances, opponents may not be closer to the ball than 16 feet.
- Goalkeeper May not possess the ball for more than four seconds in their own half.
- Goalkeeper Punting / Drop Kicking not allowed
- May only touch/receive the ball once per team possession.
- The goalkeeper must wear a different color jersey than the outfield players.
- All substitutions are on the fly, this includes goalkeeping substitutions. Referees will not stop play for goalkeeping substitutions.
- A substitute may not enter the match until the player leaving the match is at the touchline in the substitution zone
- Any substitute who enters the field of play before the player being replaced has completely left the field of play may be shown a yellow card
- All substitutions must take place in the technical area (in front of the team bench )– not at the half-way line.
FIFA has modified some of the rules in Futsal for 2020/2021. Click on link above to review the latest laws of the game.